Monday, August 17, 2009

Every step of the way

I'm sitting right now some where in Hour 2 of my 10.5 hours in the Toronto airport. They told me it was no problem if I stayed here overnight, but most of the lights are currently out and there are a couple of people riding floor cleaners (that I'd like to call Zambonis, but are Zambonis just for smoothing ice rinks?) and just a handful of other travelers. One lovely Canadian is on her way to spend two weeks in Jamaica and she and I have agreed to sleep and watch each others' luggage in shifts. She is, right now, looking for vending machines or at least a drinking fountain.

Life is good, even through 11 hour layovers.

I also had a lovely (and relaxing!) weekend in Chicago. We spent a lot of time napping and reading, and buying groceries. It was perfect preparation for a couple days' worth of travel, and what with the huge layover and all, I don't really have to hurry at all to do much of anything. Getting from the Hong Kong airport to where I'm staying in Macau is probably going to be hairy (especially with all this luggage! Why do I have to own things?!), but I pretty successfully stayed cool through ridiculous traffic driving into Chicago, and I don't think it will really be any worse than that. I have to figure things out, but not be responsible for other peoples' lives. In fact, I won't be driving again until at least next summer. That's wierd, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment