Thursday, March 17, 2011

Gratitude list

I've been focusing on problems (and fixing them, thankfully) in myself, my relationships, and in the rest of the world lately, and need to refocus on things that are good in my life. So, in no planned order, here are some things I am grateful for.

  • my mother, my daily encourager and ever-ready cuss-outer of things that trouble me
  • people who call me 'dude'
  • chocolate in all of its (but especially milk-free) forms
  • the ocean outside my window
  • my students' sense of humor
  • my electronic reader-- thank you dad!
  • all the people who share music with me
  • ondol heating. genius.
  • for-the-rest-of-my-life friends/guardians of my identity
  • languages, and the freedom to study them and understand my mind better
  • books! everywhere, books!
  • the peach juice in my fridge
  • having made progress in my what-do-I-actually-want-to-do-with-my-life decision making this year
  • being paid enough to live and pay my loans and save a little money for working 15 hours a week (I know, people, it's crazy)
  • the fact that every korean student everywhere seems to know the word "crazy"
  • boyfriend-man, and all that we have been learning recently
  • indoor plumbing!!

1 comment:

  1. :)

    #2... yesterday, Neena (8 years old) says: Why are you always calling me dude?

    I answer: I don't know, dude.. I guess I just like calling people dude, dude. Is that ok, dude - do you want me to stop? (The last question asked seriously, because if it bothered her, I would stop.)

    She replies: No.

    And I continue to call her dude...

    I love you! ...dude!

    ReplyDelete