Friday, December 4, 2009

It's, like, open source microfinancing!

Guys guys guys guys!

I just discovered this awesome awesome site called Kiva.org, that works with micro-finance organizations around the world. You can sign up and make a small ($25 minimum) loan to an entrepreneur. Many of them are in developing countries. You get your money back (98% of the time, in the site's history) and you help someone to work their way out of poverty. Sweet deal.

I'm gonna test it out with one small loan and see how it goes. I will report back.

also: working on Minnesota's application. Then I need to write a paper in Chinese on the equality of women and men in Chinese society, and work on one in English about Tai Lake.

2 comments:

  1. You should check out 101Cookbooks' lending team! http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/kiva-101-cookbooks-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! thanks!

    ...did- did you tell me about Kiva a while ago? When I found it I had a feeling somebody An-flavored had told me about something almost exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete