Saturday, November 21, 2009

Allow me to add some "-spection" to that "-version"

I have taken the Myers-Briggs personality test a few times and my result is always the same: INFJ, for Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging, though not on the end of the spectrum for any of the traits they try to measure (this time I was "moderate" in three of the traits, and "distinctively intuitive").

The website I just took this test on (yes, there are other better things I could be doing with my time... pthbthh) links to a description of INFJ's as "Idealist Counselors" which describes me, among other things, as "difficult to get to know" because so much of what matters to me goes on beneath the surface.

I do not think that personality typing like this provides any ultimate answers in self-understanding, but it is both interesting and reassuring that my answers to different sets of questions all lead objective outsiders to a number of true conclusions about me, basically because it shows that the 'me' I'm getting to know is real.

2 comments:

  1. hehe. i found you kara. i know you gave me this website before, but i've since misplaced it. but i decided to maybe start a blog here myself, and being unable to think of a title, i went to my very old livejournal. from there, i meandered over to your livejournal. and you, being the good little communicator you are, left me a link from there to here. so, hehe. i have found my kara.

    this is georgia, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!

    I would LOVE to read a blog of yours. And titles are tricky. Though Blogger is pretty sweet, because you can change your title, it just keeps your URL the same.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete